One of my favorite things to do is to shop for antiques. Antiques bring character and history into a home and I love the stories they can tell. I am always hunting for something, and I have a few shops that are at the top of my list in Southeast Michigan. Numbered from the top left to right.
- Sideways: Plymouth, MI
- Hathaway Antiques Emporium: Tecumseh, MI
- The News Antiques: Saline, MI
- Cobblestone Rose: Saline, MI
Also, here are a few tips for happy Antique hunting.
- Bring cash: most take credit card, but if you want a deal or if you want to keep an eye on your budget, cash is king 🙂
- Make sure you have room in your car: you never know what you might come across. Have room in your car in case you find the perfect furniture piece.
- Shop with an open mind. Antique shopping is most fun when you find an item that can have multiple uses.
- Bring water. You will need to stay hydrated for the shopping and hunting marathon.
- Look for items that blend well with your decor at home. You want old items to mesh with brand new items.
- If you see something that speaks to your heart, buy it! Most likely, it is a one-of-a-kind and it will be hard to find later.
Good luck! And Happy Antique Shopping! xo Natalie